Monday, June 13, 2011

Why I Love Summer

I am really loving summer so far!

An awesome farm in the middle of the suburbs of Pittsburgh
Friday started my three day weekend.  It felt great to have the time to get a lot of things done around the house, things that you just can't keep up with when you are working full time.  Nothing makes me happier then productivity. :)  I was excited to go to Soergel's farm to buy fresh veggies and fruit.

The green beans and tomatoes were amazing!  I am so excited to go here this summer, since it is close to the house and has real animals to look at!  I was especially amazed by Dudley the enormous pig.  I felt a little weird because I was the only grown-up trying to pet the pigs and goats.
Dudley, you did not smell good.
 I am officially obsessed with fresh vegetables.  I ate my tomatoe plain like an apple, with a little bit of salt on it.  So good!

Pittsburgh
Saturday we did more things around the house and actually picked out new bathroom tile for our bathroom we are renovating.  That night, we went to the Pirates game.  Our ticket included $10 of concessions and the Huey Lewis and the News concert/ Skyblast fireworks.  It was a great event, especially for the price.
Concert
awesome fireworks
yay

Sunday was the most exciting day of all.....we organized our storage room and went to church.

Today, I started my new job as a nanny.  I work every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8-5ish for a set of boy/girl 9-year-old twins.  I LOVE IT!!!  They only live EIGHT MINUTES away (compared to my 55 minute drive during the school year) and I have a family car to do all kinds of fun things - today we made animals out of rocks, had a picnic outside, went to piano lessons, and hung out at the library.  The day went so fast, and I felt so relaxed the whole day.  It was very enjoyable.

Tuesdays are my day off, so I plan to lift, run and do things around the house so we can have more fun on the weekends and do less home projects!!!

What I accomplished during a hard day at the office


Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer!

2 comments:

  1. Nannying sounds like so much fun, I bet you're really good at it, especially since you have so much experience teaching little youngsters!
    That farm in the suburbs of Pittsburg looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the job. You can observe what boy/girl twins are like from a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete