Sunday, June 5, 2011

Goal Achieved/ Dependable Drive In


Well, I DID IT!!!


I stayed up until 3:30 last night and managed to make it through both The Hangover 2 and Bridesmaids without dozing off even once.

How did I accomplish this feat?  Well, I didn't sleep in or rest much Saturday.  I woke up around 6:30, went bike riding (one hour with my Dad, did abs after), and spent the day running errands and cleaning. 

I packed a big thermos of coffee and when we arrived at The Dependable Drive In (Dependable Drive In) I took a 20 minute cat nap.  Short naps do me wonders.  If I ever manage to take a longer nap (an hour or so) I wake up really confused and upset.  It seemed to do the trick, and I only had to have a tiny cup of coffee at the start of The Hangover 2 and I was good the rest of the night.  It was too warm to be drinking coffee!
preparing to nap

the driver

The Hangover 2 was pretty good.  After seeing the movie, I REALLY wanted my own pet monkey.  He was so tiny and adorable.  He also smoked cigarettes and was a drug dealer.
Penny, meet your new brother

 I was really looking forward to Bridesmaids (maybe because I am in a wedding this July??) but I was disappointed after the first half hour.  Something about the main character bothered me at first, maybe it was the fact that her life was so crummy when she was introduced to us that it was painful to watch.  However, it got much better, and I would thank the most hilarious Bridesmaid Megan (Melissa McCarthy) for making the movie good.  Very inappropriate and often disgusting she made the film stand apart from other chick flicks and made it much for enjoyable for any men watching.  Jordan loved her.

Megan is the classy lady on the left

Before heading to the drive-ins, we had a great Mexican dinner at Patron in Wexford. 
We shared a lime maragarita and chicken/steak/shrimp fajitas.  I liked it a lot better then Mad Mex and it reminded us both of our honeymoon!
Can you tell I have a spray tan on???
Saturday was a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Little naps like that work well for me. Sometimes if I get home from work and feel really tired, I'll get in my bed for 15 minutes to fully relax (and maybe doze off for 5 or 10) and then I am pretty well energized to go for a jog after that.

    Before going in for nightshift (7pm-7am), I usually take a nap for 3 hours and that will last me all night until I go to bed around 8am after that.

    Your tan looks great, very natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (And I forgot to mention, it's a running joke with my boyfriend that I fall asleep during EVERY movie that we see. This is mostly true.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I babysit dogs, I'm not sure about monkeys. But then, again, after having twins, a monkey maybe a walk in the park.

    ReplyDelete