Monday, June 6, 2011

Sleep Deprived Sunday

Very sleepy day.

4 hours sleep last night.  I didn't want to sleep in because I was meeting my running buddy  Kate at North Park for a run.  It was great.  We ran 8 miles at 8:02 pace, which felt hard with the heat and humidity.  It is hard to believe that just a few weeks ago I was easily getting through 20 mile runs and not feeling as tired as I did today!

Kate and I
 The run contributed to my sleepyness and I decided to pretend that I was on vacation and make breakfast and coffee and eat it on the porch.  I then moved to the hammock and read my book for about an hour, dozing off for a few minutes.  It was very relaxing, and I hope to make more time to do this this summer!
Mini Shopaholic: A Novel (Shopaholic Series)
Perfect book to read on 'vacation'

The rest of the day I made cookies and got dinner ready, and did some housework- again!  I can now say my house looks great.

We decided to have my little brother Corey over for dinner.  We headed to the driving range to practice our golf swings.  Mine is atrocious.  Golf is so hard for me, and so easy for Jordan.
Corey and Jordan

concentration

Not bad

Perfect

Old hag swing, apparently I have no 'club-head speed'

At least I wore golf pants.
 We finished off the night with ice cream at Brusters from our favorite ice cream maker, Maura.

Last week of school starts TOMORROW!

2 comments:

  1. You look cute in your golf outfit!

    I know what you mean about running on a random training day (in the heat/humidity) and feeling like it was tougher on your body than a race! That happened to me the other day too. Some of it was in my head too perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey enjoyed it. Not sure if Jordan's golf club did!

    ReplyDelete