Friday, June 3, 2011

2.5 more days

Our days of school chain only has 2.5 links left on it (the last chain link is super small).

I can't believe summer is almost here!  I am really looking forward to it, but I know tears will be shed at graduation night this Wednesday.

This week just flew by.  There is a lot to finish up at school and I have been getting back into the running routine.

Tuesday, I met my friend Trish who I haven't ran with in FOREVER to run at Schenley Park right after school.  I was so excited to run with her because we trained for our fall marathons together constantly and she had to pull out of Pittsburgh due to an injury :(.

It was 94 degrees when we ran!!  It was tough running in such warm weather and up and down all the hills.  We stopped a couple of times for water and I have to say that NOTHING tastes as good as cold water does when you are in the middle of a hot run.  I honestly think I might start bringing my hydration pack with me on those above 90 degree days.  I usually only reserve it for my super long runs, but races have water stops anyways so I guess it wouldn't make me more of a wimp, only better hydrated.  We ran 5 miles in 39:58 (7:59 pace).  I did some weight lifting when I got home, and it was heavenly doing it in the air conditioned basement.

Schenley Park felt like this
Wednesday, I ran an early morning run before work because I had some work to do after school as well as some parent-teacher conferences.  I ran 5 miles easy in 43:31 (8:42 pace) and remembered how much I LOVE early morning running and how it puts me in a great mood the rest of the day.

Thursday, I was back at the gym in the morning lifting.  After school, I had limited time to get in a run before I headed to Shadyside to meet my Lady Hound friends at Mad Mex.  I debated on skipping the run due to lack of time, but felt so much better after a five mile run in the sun around home.  It was warm and sunny, but not too hot or humid.  Perfect start to a great dinner at Mad Mex with some of my favorite runners!  I am hoping that after dining with some sub 3hour marathon runners their fastness will eventually rub off on me.

Friday, (today) was multi-tasking at it's finest.  I dropped the car off for an oil inspection and went on a five miler (my favorite distance apparently) while the car was being worked on.  It was pretty hilly and my knee felt a little less then perfect after all the steep downhills.  I was happy that I got a run in (41:53 at 8:22 pace) and my oil was changed AGAIN.  Commuting 55 miles each day really impacts how often you get your oil changed.

An easy, yummy recipe to share: Creamy Tortellini from Taste of Home magazine

Cook frozen cheese tortellini according to directions.
While cooking, saute 2 cloves of garlic in 4 tbsp of butter
Gradually add 4.5 teaspoons of flour
Add 1 cup of milk and bring to a boil
Add 15 oz of marinara sauce, 4 oz of cubed cream cheese, and 2 sliced green onions.
Add salt and pepper, cook until cream cheese melts.
Serve over tortellini.
So yummy and didn't take very long at all!
Yummy with Caesar salad and baguette


Tomorrow will be our favorite date : Drive-In movies!  We will be seeing Bridesmaids and The Hangover 2.  The real dilemma is how I will manage to stay up for both movies - the second usually doesn't start until 10 or so. 

2 comments: