Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Productive Tuesday and Knee Pain

In case you were wondering, I am still loving my summer job.  First of all, I have off on Tuesdays.  Yesterday, I accomplished an insane amount.  Let me amaze you with my list of tasks I accomplished.

Starting at 5:30 am (am I the only person who can't sleep in?)
Did a load of laundry, folded and put away
Put away laundry from the day before
Made coffee and bed
Lifted at the gym
Had a coffee at Panera
Went Shopping at a secret store for Jordan's anniversary surprise
Went to another secret store
Grocery shopped at Giant Eagle, and printed pictures
Bought lotion at the mall, scouted out some dresses for our anniversary June 26th
Came home
Took Penny for a 1.5 mile walk
Made a delicious lunch
Cooked a huge pot of homemade wedding soup
Dusted and vacuumed the entire house
Worked on an anniversary surprise for 1.5 hours
Went to a hair appointment
Bought a father's day gift
Took a 20 minute nap
Stalked blogs
Picked up a new girl for running club practice, ran 3x 1,000 meters around 3:51, 1 minute rest, 400 around 1:27
All to come home at 8:30 and have my husband make the salad and enjoy homemade wedding soup and wine :)

I am loving this day off because I can get all of this out of the way to enjoy the weekend with my boo!  And at work today, I got to play on this awesome wooden castle park:
I love this playground! 

and swim at the pool!!!

Onto running news......
Last night, I did the workout I mentioned above to total 7 miles.  My knee felt pretty good.  However, I woke up this AM and tried to run 5 miles before work and I had to stop after a half mile.....I was pretty upset.  Through the day I read more about injuries and I think I have a case of Runner's Knee.  My friend recommended that I get a knee strap, so I rushed to get one right after work.  I also got a cold compress you can freeze, too.
NOT my leg




I went running with it when I got home....it helped so much!  I was able to run 5 miles and barely felt anything different.  It has been about 2 hours since I stopped my run and I have absolutely no pain right now.  I really hope this is the answer!  I would hate to take more time off, because marathon training starts in 1.5 weeks!

Let me know if you have any knee pain advice!

4 comments:

  1. We really do have a lot in common! I loved hearing about your similar shift in priorities as we've gotten older.

    My experience with knee issues is so unpredictable -- I will have a run, like you, where I have to stop after a mile...and then 2 days later will run 10 miles with no problem.

    I should get one of those straps to have on hand for emergencies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should get one of those straps. Are they expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list of everything that you were able to accomplish, what a productive day!

    On Thursday, after waking up at 4:45 (which is super early for me) and doing that group run, I did a ton of things on my to-do list and it felt so good. And then since I was so tired from waking up early/running, I slept really well during the day in preparation for nightshift tonight.

    So glad the band helped your knee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I meant to mention that the dress in #6 is Lilly Pulitzer, although I think it may be from last season? I bought it from Smart Bargins .com, although I just checked and din't see it still for sale!

    ReplyDelete