Sunday, May 1, 2011

Corgis, Ouchy hamstring

No great running workouts to report.

Thursday was an easy day - 6 miles at 8:08 pace.  Had awesome weather.

Friday morning I woke up at the crack of dawn (5am) so I could do my lifting and light cardio before I left for my work conference.  I was supposed to take at least a day of from running this week, so I thought it would be a good day to be at the gym.  I was thrilled that when I got on the elliptical, Princess Kate was walking down the aisle.  It was great!  The only thing that I disliked was that the Royal Corgis were not in attendence.  See this video:



Saturday I woke up very early again to attend day 2 of the conference.  Afterwards, I had the chance to run on this trail:


5 Star Trail

It was really nice and made me want to run there more often.  Anyways, I only ran 4 miles and it felt fine other then my left hamstring being sore up near the top.  This morning, I decided to baby it (since Pitt is only 2 weeks away) and I'm stuck stretching it and not running.  I am kinda going crazy because I was going to run 15 miles at marathon pace today, but it looks like I am going to have to skip that workout.  I have been told that during taper time it is basically pointless to worry about workouts bc they can't improve your fitness that close to the race, and I hope that is true.

Hopefully the pain will be gone so I can run tomorrow morning...but that might be too soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wise move -- I had a hamstring issue recently, and resting it helped bring a pretty quick recovery, of just 3 or 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better. Loved the Corgi video. You have to rent the King's Speech to see the brief cameo of Corgis.

    ReplyDelete