Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Excellent Easter

The three day weekend was amazing and much needed,  I have to admit it was pretty tough coming back to work Monday morning!

Saturday night, Jordan and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at Bravo.  I had a cup of lobster bisque and their chopped salad, two of my favorite things.  My other favorite things are their bread and a glass of Merlot.  YUM!

Easter Sunday started with an egg hunt at our house.  Jordan, Penny, and I each received a basket.  My basket was perfect for a marathon runner.  Good job, husband!
    
Penny found her basket first: Spring Treats, a Spring scarf, and a silly carrot toy.
Scarf model
It all starts with an egg
Normal 24-year-olds wake up at 7am to hunt eggs
Very excited
Intense

He finally found his

My basket - running visor, gels, electrolyte brew.  I LOVE YOU!

We went to church at 8:30 and I came home to make the ham and asparagus.  While everything was cooking, I decided to get a workout in.  I thought it would be a good idea to do a 5k tempo on hills so that I would be ready for Pittsburgh.  I did a warm up, and started the hilly 5k.  What I did was go up and down a hill 5 times, turning right around at the top.  So the entire run was either uphill, or downhill.  A family of mostly elderly men was sitting outside drinking coffee in their church clothes, I knew they thought I was really weird.  It felt good to do a hard run before I ate my big Easter dinner.  I did the 5k in 20:21 (6:34 pace) for a total of 7 miles plus an ab workout.

Easter dinner was delicious at my in-laws.  They have high food standards, and every dinner I have ever eaten with them has been excellent.  I was thrilled that my big old ham was met with approval.  My favorite was the stuffed artichoke :).  Always a veggie fan!  The almond torte cake was a close second.

Last stop, visiting with my family at my grandma's.  It was so nice that both festivities were only 5 minutes from each other.  We were too full to eat anything here, but had a nice time just hanging out....then we left to spend our last night with Lola.....
Bye, Lola!

But don't worry....we will soon have another visitor....

Monday morning turned out to be super sunny and HOT when I left work.  I had an easy 5 miles planned - less than three weeks until the marathon so it is time to start backing off!  However, the sunshine made me run faster than I should have, averaging 7:31 pace - not my easy pace.

Tuesday after school I lifted weights then headed off to Hounds practice.  I had a hard workout, trying to stick with the fast girls.  I did a 4k in 16:00, then took a 20 minute 'break' on the trails - I call this a 'break' because the hills made it feel pretty hard.  Coming back up to the track, I did a 2k in 8:17 - definitely fell off pace.  I totaled 11 miles.

Today I did an easy 5 in the middle of a storm (8:15 pace - much more reasonable than Monday).  Tomorrow, I am hoping to do some 800s at the park to compare them with how I ran them before my last marathon.  Hopefully, my legs will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment