Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tapering continues, Bridal Shower, Corey is 19, and Mother's Day Party

Friday was an easy 5 miles in the morning at 8:44 pace.  Thursday's workout went really well, but I felt stiff in my left hip on this run.  It wasn't anything that hurt that bad but it was irritating to me.  I really want this completely gone before the race Sunday......

Saturday I did an easy 3 miles.  I actually awoke on my own at 5:57 that morning.  So weird, I  know.  However, I had a very busy day ahead so I was fine with waking up so early.  I had a bridal shower to help host, and that night a bachlorette party to attend.  I had so much fun at both, and it turned out to be a very busy day!  I actually stayed up close to 1am.   World record.

Today I was expecting to be tired but again woke up before my alarm, this time at 7 -a little bit more normal.  I ran with my Dad at the track to do a marathon pace workout.  I ran 7 miles total, and the goal was to run two miles at marathon pace in the shoes I would be wearing to race.  Well, I actually ran a little faster than marathon pace - 6:57 pace to be exact.  I hope I can use this to boost my confidence one week from now.

Besides checking the 10 day weather forecast every half an hour (Currently, the weather for race day is predicted as a low of 54 and high of 64, with 40% chance of rain) I cooked spaghetti, meatballs, hot sausage, and a carrot cake for Mother's Day/Corey's Birthday.  We also had two types of salad, bread, and lots of red wine....it was a lot of fun and we actually set up outside and tied Penny to a post in our yard.  She loved it- except when I left her sight.

Mom and I

Grandpa and Penny

Birthday Boy and Corg

Jordan's Mommy

This man did all the dishes!

Family Portrait

soccer

digging

Dinner Guests: Dan, Sue, Maura, Alex, Mom, Dad, Corey

Carrot Cake - words written in carrots

Happy Birthday!




1 comment:

  1. I'm SO excited for you! you're going to have such a good race. So stoked for your day to arrive

    ReplyDelete