Thursday, May 26, 2011

Anger Management Advice

When you are feeling furious and outraged, here is some advice to follow.  It is cheaper then therapy and medication, and helps you keep off the lbs.

1) Grab the nearest corgi and cuddle.  Let him/her lick your face.
Pup knows how to relax

2) Put on your running clothes.  Make sure to grab your Ipod.  Leave the house with no workout goal or set distance.

3) Put the following songs on top volume:
         In Da Club - 50 Cent
         My Hood - Young Jeezy
         Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
         P.I.M.P. - 50 Cent
         Survivor - Destiny's Child
         'Till I Collapse - Eminem and Nate Dogg
         Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
          Fighter - Christina Aguilera
         Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay-Z

4) Begin pounding the pavement, thinking of everything that is upsetting you with each footstrike.  Pretend that you are outrunning your problems.  Imagine them going away with each hill you charge up.  'Race' the person/thing/situation that is bugging you and pretend you are kicking their/its ass and setting a world record in the process.  Finish your run much faster then you really should be going on a recovery day.

5) Turn on the hose (It was in the 80's today!) and spray yourself in the face while the 8 year-olds playing street hockey think you are the wierdest person on earth and that you shouldn't be allowed to own a home, especially since after the sweat filled run you don't look much different then their 12 year-old brother.

6) Flop yourself down on the floor in front of a fan and let your Corgi (from step 1) lick your sweaty face.


It worked for me!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog, you are hilarious. This is all great advice, especially cuddling Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best post in the world.

    Running is SUCH a cure-all. I was just writing about how it really helped me with my flight on Tuesday...I usually had bad anxiety when flying but this time around (with a jog before heading to the airport), I really felt pretty decent.

    If I don't start the day off with a run, I am much less of a balanced person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could write a running self-help book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your playlist and step 5.

    ReplyDelete