Monday, May 23, 2011

Post Marathon Life

First Thing First: Corgi enjoying the great outdoors

 Five days without exercise (Monday - Friday after the marathon) was enough to drive me nuts.  It was great to come home after work everyday and have cheese and crackers and wine and enjoy episodes of Real Housewives while cuddling with the corg.  Just about as good as running.

Saturday morning was beautiful and I had the chance to bike with my dad at North Park.  I biked 13 miles at the speedy mile pace of 4:42.  Haha.  It was a little hard at times because there was a walk-a-thon, so people were walking about twelve across.  I enjoyed biking and it was hard getting up the hills.  I decided I should try to do more of it this summer and drag my husband along.
Dad with nice bike
Me with the purple RoadMaster, purchased at a church flea market for $20.  Gets the job done.

The rest of Saturday I purchased flowers and shrubs for our house and planted.  I am attempting to grow lettuce, eggplant, hot peppers, green peppers, tomatoes, basil, rosemary and chives in our backyard.  If one of those plants come in I will be happy.
Our Home

That night, we went to the Pirates game with a group of friends.  It was such a pretty night, and it was really cool to walk around the area where I finished the marathon less than a week ago.
The bridge in the background is where the final 800 meters started

Sunday morning, I ran 5 easy miles around the North Allegheny Intermediate School with my dad.  It was so nice out and it felt great to  be running again.  My hamstring felt better after I ran, and as of right now, I don't have any pain.  I did some abs as well.  We got coffee at Panera afterwards and I took a shower, got dressed, and put on makeup for church in a record 8 MINUTES.  We arrived at 10:31 for 10:30 mass.  Not too bad.

This morning, I got to the gym at 6am for 30 minutes on the elliptical and some abs.  It felt great to get cardio done so early in the morning.  I did the hill setting and it did its job.

Very excited for tomorrow....I get to meet Kate at North Park for a run after school!  I am also excited because I am making salmon burgers.

Only 11 days until summer vacation/being a nanny begins!

2 comments:

  1. Penny looks like she is smiling. She must like sunshine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good luck with the garden, I've wanted to have a garden forever...but know everything would most likely die :(

    ReplyDelete