Saturday, March 12, 2011

Coming Back

Chugging vitamin water, taking zinc, vitamins, cold medicine, and glutamine seem to be working.  Wednesday, I met up with Kate at North Park to get 6 miles in.  My legs felt fresh (two days off!) and I didn't feel too sick otherwise - not 100% better but it felt great to get a nice run in.  It was a miserable, wet, rainy, cold day and we got 6 miles in at 8:05 pace.  I felt great when we were done, I was so glad to be back running.

Thursday morning I got up and lifted at the gym.  I was not sure what I was going to run that afternoon, I wanted to do a little workout, but I was racing Saturday so I didn't want to do anything too hard.  Basically, I had no plan at all and hopped out of the car after work (I ran from North Hills High school) and decided since it was raining hard and looked miserable again I would just run somewhat fast.  The route is always kinda hilly when I run from the highschool, so it definitly would be a challenge.  I usually just run easy miles instead of doing a workout or tempo.  I did 5 miles in 7:20 pace, with the first two miles being kind of slower.  I guess it shows me that most normal people do a warm-up?  Splits: 7:34, 7:34, 7:09, 7:12, 7:12.  I did a two mile cooldown and felt great that I pushed outside my comfort zone.  I think I should work on doing more of these faster paced miles during my training.

Friday morning was an easy 5 miles at 8:27 pace on the treadmill while watching season 4 of Desperate Housewives.  That day at school, we read Green Eggs and Ham.  I brought my griddle and cooked green eggs for the kids, it was really fun and a great activity for a Friday. 

After school, I stopped at Kohl's for some pre-birthday shopping.  I can't always find stuff I like at Kohl's, but I found a couple of great shirts and jewelry there.  I also don't feel bad wearing these things to work, where I might get finger paint all over myself, because the prices are really good.  One of the favorite things I bought was a light yellow ruffle shirt and yellow flower necklace that I love together.  Here is a link to my new favorite necklace:

My New Necklace


Jordan and I got takeout from the St. Teresa Fish Fry.  VERY GOOD!  We watched some TV and in usual Friday night fashion I feel asleep around 8pm for half an hour.

Ran a race this morning - will post about that later when I have the official race results!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment