Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday Girl

This past weekend was my birthday.  Which is why I am not blogging until now.

The BEST way to start off your birthday weekend is with a sunny, fast, 22 miler.  This may be one of my most favorite runs this season.  I woke up and got out to the lake around 8am Saturday.  I was meeting a friend for part of my LONG 22 mile run.  I was planning on running at a normal pace, hopefully under 8 minute pace - feels fast to me. 

Does anyone else run really fast when they are mad about something?  I was feeling quite frustrated with something that happened the past week, and I think I needed this long run to help myself feel better.  Seriously, I will never pay money to see a therapist in my life because the long run is all the therapy I needed.  The more I can take my anger out on the pavement and tire myself out, the happier I feel and the smaller my problems seem.  To sum it up, the first half of my run was done at 7:54 pace and the last half was done at 7:32 pace.  It felt AMAZING to run that fast for my longest run and not crash at the end.  I felt pretty spectacular, especially since my anger had gone away after I finish my run.

The birthday weekend was very fun.  I have pictures to put up, but not with me...I am at the Panera in Tarentum waiting to go to a work event this evening.  Saturday, I was pretty wiped out from the rest of my run.  I met my dad for coffee at Borders, then spent the day doing laundry.  woohoo.  That night, Jordan and I got takeout and watched a movie so I could rest my legs.  The birthday morning was spent in the best way possible: running with Penny and Jordan at North Park.  It was an interval workout for them, since 7 miles would be a little long for them both and they needed walk breaks.  My legs were heavy!  We had a delicious Panera breakfast and went up to the mall to make some birthday gift exchanges.  Jordan got me some really cute clothes and a Pandora charm for my birthday, sadly, some of the clothing did not fit right.  The rest of the day we spent at his mom's house celebrating both my birthday and his brother Alex's birthday.  They had tons of delicious food (as usual!) and made some excellent drinks.  I had a great time!  On the way home, we stopped and visited with my parents and I got more clothes and some new candles.  YES!  We went home to cuddle with our corg, the perfect way to end the birthday weekend. 

Monday was back to reality!  I ran 6 miles at 8:32 pace in the AM around home, in the dark.  Tuesday came and I lifted in the morning and did a 12 mile workout that afternoon.  It was tough.  I had 8 5.5 minute repeats at tempo (6:44) with 30 seconds rest.  Does anyone know how short 30 seconds rest is???  It was a good workout.  My splits were between 6:38 pace and 6:46 pace so I was happy and relieved that it went ok.  I immediatly chugged some chocolate milk and drove to my hair appointment, wearing spandex.  I know I am odd.

This morning I did an easy 5 miles on the treadmill while watching Desperate Housewives.  I was extremely sore!  Hopefully I will be ready for the hills tomorrow. 

New Vibram Five Fingers Bikila Silver/Verde Ladies 37
I might buy the vibram five fingers with some birthday money....still thinking about it!

2 comments:

  1. You will have to let me know if you like them if you buy them. I saw a doctor at the hospital with them on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I admit it, you are amazing. Thats DANG fast for 22 miles. What is that, like 2 hours 40 minutes?

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And I just wrote a similar comment on another blog, but I am anti-vibrams. I bought minimalist shoes and can't use them for more than 3 miles, so vibrams are out for me. Blech. I love cushioning!!!

    ReplyDelete