Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sick Days


My Corgi Caretaker when I was home sick from work. She laid with me all day to keep me company. :)


I hate being sick! Not necessarily for the reasons most normal people would.....but because it means I can't/shouldn't run. It drives me nuts to have to write a 'zero' in my running log and just lay around. I also HATE not hitting my weekly mileage goal, according to my training plan.

I know it is ridiculous to be so annoyed because my marathon is not until MAY 15th, but I am a perfectionist and like things to go according to plan.

On the positive side of things, sick days help me to appreciate the runs that do go well and how much better I feel doing them when I'm not sick. I'm looking forward to running tomorrow morning at 5:30 am, in the dark, rain, and cold, and I can't always say I'm that excited to get out there. I am SO looking forward to the feeling of heading home after a great run before most of the world has even woken up.

Does anyone absolutely HATE missing a run? Sometimes it's hard to get out there after a stressful day at work, but you can't really skip without hating yourself. The feeling during and after pretty much ALWAYS motivates me to go do it. Running can definitely be a love/hate relationship somedays!

No comments:

Post a Comment