Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Love Being Five Years Old

I think I am a preschool teacher because I love being five years old.

A brief list of examples (there are many more)
1) I was very excited to bring my screaming rubber chicken (see below) to school for Show and Tell Friday. I let all my friends squeeze him so they could hear the funny noise he makes. Penny is terrified of the chicken and hides when he appears.

Small 12" Rubber Squawking Chicken Kids Adult Novelty Gag Joke Toy

2) I have over 200 children's books on shelves in our office. I claim they are for the kids at work but I really like to read them.

3) I wore a barbie shirt to work for casual Friday.

4) I have a ten o'clock snack time every morning.

5) I LOVE peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Especially with chocolate milk.

6) SNOW DAYS! TODAY IS A SNOW DAY!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY WITH PENNY IN THE SNOW! Anyone want to sled ride???

What is exciting is that I did NOT find out about the snow day until 7:45. At this point, I was about 2/3 done with my hard (treadmill) workout, running my ladder repeats to Desperate Housewives Season Three. So I was almost done with my hard workout, and I had the day off. AND my awesome husband shoveled the driveway :).

The workout:
Had to use the treadmill, since the roads were very covered. It was a fun treadmill workout, you should try it.

8 miles total
1.5 mile warm-up at about 8:27 pace - I think speed 7.1
Intervals: 2 minutes hard, 1 minute easy, 3 minutes hard, 2 easy, 4 hard, 3 easy, 5 hard, 4 easy, 4 hard, 3 easy, 3 hard, 2 easy, 2 hard
Hard done at 7:03 pace, which was speed 8.5
Easy done at 8:34 pace, speed 7.0
1.5 mile cool down

I was a little afraid of going any faster because I felt like I might fall off the back.

Did some abs, and now I am done with my workouts for today! Cross your fingers my work training tonight will be canceled and that I can spend the day cleaning, writing lessons, doing laundry, and playing with Penny in the snow!

Come over if you want to sled ride!

Cute Penny baby picture for your enjoyment.

5 comments:

  1. I wish Penny was that size forever! She's so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the day off and you're not doubling? laaaaaaame

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I always feel like I will fall off a treadmill. I grab at my sweat towel to do some lady-like dabbing, and that is when I seriously almost always fall.

    I'm like a 5-year-old because sprinklers and disneyland still get me excited.

    p.s. your encouraging comment inspired my blog post today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever read the book All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten? If you haven't, you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will look up that book at the library!

    ReplyDelete