Monday, February 7, 2011

End of Week 4 Training

The sickness has gone! Thank God. I hate being sick - see previous post. I started back in action Wednesday morning, 5:45 am I stepped out into my neighborhood, donning my new reflector vest, head lamp, and red blinking light pinned to my back. I definitely felt a little weak, but I managed to make it through 7 miles before the sun came up. I LOVE MORNING RUNS!

Thursday: AM lifting at club Julian. Running- I was really nervous about this workout all day! The workout was 5x5 min at tempo pace (6:51 pace) with only one minute rest. This sounded so hard to me. I did a long warm-up, and started the workout. I was amazed at how easy it felt! I got in ten for the day and the pace per interval were as follows:
6:46, 6:51, 6:46, 6:47, 6:45
I felt strong while doing these, not like I was killing myself to run them. I felt so happy and relieved that it wasn't too hard and I got in a solid ten for the day.

Friday: 5:50 am - ran 5 miles on the treadmill - easy pace - 8:27 - while watching Desperate Housewives DVDS. Early morning treadmill run + Desperate Housewives is an amazing combination. Each episode last approximately 5 miles as well. Did some abs.

Saturday: Was set on getting my butt out the door in the morning to do a long run all by myself. I thought it would be a good test of discipline and I was proud of myself. I did 18 at 7:53 pace. Honestly, the first 14 felt so easy! The last four miles I got very competitive and ran in the 7:15-7:35 range. I had to pass this man who kept speeding up when I got close. I got him! I felt so good all day after completing this run :). There is nothing better than a post-long run happy feeling. My reward? Having my old roomie, Lisa and her boyfriend over for dinner. Wine, Spaghetti, Jordan's family sauce and meatball recipe, biscotti, wine...and a Corgi. Perfect!



Sunday: Got a chance to run with dear old Dad and Penny! Penny was really tired and lasted only a mile. I ran 7 easy miles around the neighborhoods with my Dad and was a little sore. It was nice, though!


Ready for another week of hard training. I have a 20 miler planned this weekend, a tempo run Thursday, and longer intervals Tuesday. Hopefully everything goes according to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment