Sunday, April 3, 2011

Past Week

I have been a very bad blogger and haven't written in a week.  So I need to catch up.

Monday: Ran five miles easy in the AM, did some abs afterschool.

Tuesday: Lifted in the AM.  Was so happy, the sun was shining and our running group practices were moved to the Schenley Park Oval, the best place in the world to run.  Running there means summer and nice weather to me.  I had an awesome workout that night because I had super fast ladies to run with.  We did 3x3k on the oval with 2 minutes rest.  Some of them ran 4 repeats, but I gladly stopped at three to be more rested for the race Saturday.  We hit the 3ks in 12:02 (6:27 pace), 11:52 (6:21 pace), 11:53 (6:22 pace).  I was thrilled with our splits and also that I was able to keep up with the other ladies because they are training for sub 3 hr marathons.  They definitely can do it.

Wednesday:  Off day!  My exercise was meeting Lauren at Aladdin's Eatery for dinner.  It was a much needed dinner for a busy week.

Thursday: 6 miles easy around the highschool.  Did not lift to get ready for the race.

Friday: Easy 4 miles around home. I didn't run with a watch so I could go whatever pace I liked.  Friday night, I made a delicious meal of Parmesan crusted tilapia, cheesy noodles, homemade biscuits, and green beans.  I needed lots of food to get ready for the race the next day.  We made a stop to our favorite YUM to complete the pre-race fueling.  We were both feeling a little under the weather, so we bought vitamin water to guzzle.

We were both very tired and lazy this week


Post about the weekend in Clarion coming soon!

2 comments: