Saturday, April 23, 2011

Injury Scare and Easter Break!

Earlier this week, I was pretty bummed about running.

On Tuesday, it hurt to walk and I did not even run (I did get to lift in the morning).  I was pretty bummed out, but I tried to remain positive and spent my free time after school laying on the couch with Penny and watching some quality TV programs (Real Housewives of Orange County).
Not afraid to admit I love this show.
 At first it was fun, but it got old quickly.  I swear I cannot sit still for more than an hour.  My wonderful husband bought me a Chipolte burrito bol and we watched Country Strong.  I LOVED the music in that movie!

Wednesday, I headed out to North Park after school.  Tendons in my right foot all day were bugging me.  I have had foot issues in the past, so I was worried.  They were sore the first half mile of the run, but after that, I felt great.  I was not able to take it as easy as I would have liked, because I was so happy to not be hurt.  I did 7 miles at 7:44 pace.

Thursday, I ran an easy 6 in the morning before school.  Was sore but was really happy to be out early.  I made a deal with myself that if my twenty mile run I was planning to do on good Friday went fine, then I would forget about the few days I was hurting.

Penny had a vet visit Thursday night.  She got three shots and was so nice to the vet.  He was very impressed by her and we were very proud parents.  I made sure to get her a few Easter Basket treats as a reward.

Friday morning I had off so I went out to the lake early to get my 20 miles in.  I thought it was a great thing to get done before the weekend officially started.  The weather wasn't great (It started to rain about halfway through and was windy the whole time - nothing new) and I had a somewhat boring run.  However, I was thrilled to have completed it with no pain, and to have sped up towards the end.  Splits: 8:02, 7:50, 7:56, 7:54, 7:55, 8:03, 7:59, 7:54, 7:44, 7:56, 7:49, 8:00, 7:54, 7:42, 7:42, 7:40, 7:33, 7:45, 7:24, 7:22.

Average pace: 7:48

What is even more amazing is that I went home and got ready to go to Stations at 12 pm in just 20 minutes - shower and makeup included. 

That night, we took my twin out to The Perrytowne for fish and beer.  I have an horrible inability to drink beer.  It is too filling and I just get tired of drinking it.  I am a wine person 100%.

We then took him to our favorite place.
YUM!


Twins love frozen yogurt

My husband and I at our favorite place

Two cute dogs...I look 14 without makeup and real clothes on.

Hope everyone is having an AWESOME EASTER!!! 


Today was a quick 5 miles at 7:53 pace between running errands.  We are about to head out to Bravo's for a date night.....yes!

1 comment:

  1. Chris didn't tell me you went to Yum. I still have to get there

    ReplyDelete