Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Quarter Century

25 years ago, my twin brother and I were born!  No one has ever accused us of looking alike, or even acting alike.  We took this picture this past October at his apartment in Old Town Alexandria while I was in town for the Marine Corps Marathon.  He is one of the reasons I ran that race three times in a row!!!

 
Dad- March 20th, 1987

Mom - March 20th, 1987

Being a twin means people love to buy you ridiculously cute matching outfits and take your picture in them.



Mr. and Mrs. Claus
Holy babies
Chris looks so sophisticated in his bow tie

Both terrified
Poor guy
 I started my birthday by going out for a 9 mile run around my house, stopping at my mom's for a glass of water.  It was 55 and sunny out, a gorgeous morning for a run.  I picked up a coffee and lunch at Panera, tidied up around here, and am now sitting outside on our patio waiting for Jordan's flight to get in.  He was in Georiga for top-secret business and should be landing at 4:30, with enough time to take me to the Cheesecake factory for a Pomegranate Mojito and dinner.

Although preparations for the move are definitely distracting me a little bit, it has been a great day so far and the sunshine in Pittsburgh makes it 10x better.  I can't wait to eat outside tonight, eating inside when it's so nice out is like a crime.  For Jordan's sake, I hope I have learned a thing or two about eating dessert when the cheesecake comes!

How do you celebrate your birthday?  For my 23rd, I ran 23 miles with my friend Leslie (then got a puppy!  Penny!)  I debated doing 25 miles this past weekend, but then decided that would not be so great for training for Boston.

1 comment:

  1. I would have bought you lunch today if I would have know you were home alone!

    ReplyDelete