Monday, March 26, 2012

Last week before taper

Last week, I had my biggest mileage week before my taper began! What perfect timing, the extra time will give me more time to pack up and move.  But I would MUCH rather be running then putting boxes away.

This past week:
Monday: lift, 7 miles easy
Tuesday: 9 miles, abs
Wednesday: lift, 11 miles (Yasso 800s)
Thursday: 9 mile hilly run - got to run with Kate!!!
Friday: 6 miles easy
Saturday: 22 miles with Leslie and Moira at the Montour Trail - av. pace 7:55, last 7 miles closer to marathon pace 7:40 - 7:10
Sunday: 8 miles with Dad, easy - very sore

Last night, Jordan suddenly got very sick.  He has a fever, sore throat, and stomach bug. He called off work and I decided to as well because he looked so miserable and we really needed to get a lot done in the house. I had a ridiculously productive day cleaning and packing. My fingernails are disgusting from all the cleaning products and my hands are dry and cracking. It wasn't very smart to pack away my cleaning gloves, but that is the story of my life right now. Everything I want is all packed up. My nail clippers are also packed away, and most of my nails are missing big chunks and falling off!  This is why I never get my nails done, I ruin them immediately.
The doggie seatbelt harness
Since I am such a wonderful dog mother, I packed a travel bag for the pups today and also did a test run of how they would be riding down to Georgia. I got each dog a safety rider harness that allows them to sit safely on the seats while buckled in with the regular seatbelt. Their leashes also attach to it, which will make it easy when we take them out for potty breaks. However, some people think it is very ridiculous my dogs have seatbelts! But they are so cute in the back together!

all pooped out from watching me clean
Moving truck is coming tomorrow and we will be packing everything up! I have a feeling I will be very, very sore.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know Bruno got one too. They look like perfect passengers--let's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute....they look my kids when they where little all buckled up for vacation! How exciting for them....all of the new smells...and so many shrubs and trees to leave their mark on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packing will be great cross-training haha :)

    Best of luck with your move!!

    ReplyDelete