Friday, March 9, 2012

Big Changes!!!

I have missed blogging so much these past few months!  I have kept up with reading my favorite friend's blogs during this time, but I have been very, very preoccupied with my changing life since my last post!  However, I really missed talking with and commenting on everyone's blogs and I am so happy to get back into it!

Running wise, I am still training for Boston and it has been going very well besides the few times (like this past week when I got the stomach bug and still struggle with running 1 mile two days later) I have gotten sick.

I am very excited for all the new changes in my life, but it has my mind going a million miles a minute trying to figure it all out!


Big change number 1:

I left my job teaching Kindergarten at the charter school I was working at.  My last day was last Friday and although I needed to leave the position (you will see why!), it was sad and stressful at the same time.  Sad because I will miss the great friends I worked with there, sad because I love teaching 5-year-olds, and stressful because I need to find a new job!

Big change number 2: 

We put our lovely, first home in Pittsburgh up for rent and found two fantastic people to rent it from us.

I love this house and will miss it a lot!
We put a lot of work in this house over the past two years..... renovated the kitchen, both bathrooms, painted every room, put new doors on, decorated, etc.  Jordan and his dad did all the work themselves!
gutted this whole bathroom!

I love fake granite!

Big change number 3:
We found a fantastic house I just LOVE to rent for the next few years.....  love the fenced in yard and kitchen best!
Driveway is a little scary...I may be parking on the street!

Pups can run free!!
More counter top space!!!
Lots of room for ice baths!
Big change number 4:
Jordan got a new position within his company.  He will now be an on-site engineer at a new nuclear power plant.
Jordan at work
Leading up to....
Big change number 5:
At the end of this month, we are moving our house, Penny, and Bruno to Augusta, GEORGIA!
Augusta National Golf Course - home of the Masters.  Lots and lots of golf courses here!
We will be living just outside of Augusta in a suburb called Evans.  I am thrilled to be living in the south, as it has always been my dream to pretend my life is a country music song.  I have been watching Paula Deen's cooking show, downloading lots of country songs, and have been practicing making my hair big and fluffy to prepare for the move.  I have also been packing boxes and filing out paperwork, not really as important.

Who doesn't think her hair is great??
Anyways, I hope to blog more regularly during this time to a) help me to not lose my mind during the big transition and b) keep in touch with my friends and family we are leaving behind in Pittsburgh!

What do you think of the South?  Have you ever been to/lived there?  Would you like living there?

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is too funny. Did Paula Deen teach you how to make bread pudding using Krispy Kreme doughnuts? That should be part of your training program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for you guys to be coming down. Youll love it!! If you have any living in the south questions, let me know- i enjoy the homer/jordan piture above, haha

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will definitely be visiting Atlanta, excited you will be so close!

      Delete
  3. So I've silently stalked your blog for a bit, but I had to post to this...because I also live in Augusta! I am originally from up north so it was an adjustment here, but there are some fabulous things about augusta. Anyway, I have had a couple of bad years of running, but I'm training for a 3:25 marathon (so I'm not nearly as fast as you), but if you want a running partner...or at least someone to point you in the right direction of where to run and people to run with, let me know! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete