Sunday, December 11, 2011

Eve of Boston Marathon Training!

I am going crazy.

Monday of this week, I went to the doctor's after school because I could not breathe without discomfort.  It was pretty tough to teach/speak all day and I couldn't even think about running.  Turns out, I had bronchitis.

I probably should have taken Tuesday off to recover, but I went to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I took my inhaler every couple hours and felt miserable.  Thursday after work, I stopped by target to get some wrapping paper.  I had such a horrible coughing fit I almost passed out!  I took Friday off and went to the doctor.  I was happy to find out that my lungs were almost back to normal, but I should be taking it a little easier - meaning not hanging out with 20 needy 5-year-olds.

I have been trying to 'take it easy' since then, but it is really hard to keep still.  So instead of exercising, I have been cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, and running Christmas errands.

In my boredom we watched two movies (I cannot believe I actually stayed awake for them both, maybe my sleepyness has to do with running?) and read a book from the library.
It was as good as the book...probably my favorite book!



Almost better then the book, if that is possible
I am addicted to this author




I am hoping that tomorrow I am feeling good still....because tomorrow begins Boston Marathon Training!!!

I am feeling a little ambitious this season and am going to attempt to run a peak of 70 mpw and lift twice a week.  I am going to follow Daniel's Running Formula plan, since it worked well last year for me.

What's up for this week:
Monday: PM 7 miles
Tuesday: AM 6 miles total, 5x4 min hard, 3 easy
Wednesday: AM lift, PM 8 miles
Thursday: PM 8 mile hill workout
Friday: AM 5 miles
Saturday: 14 miles
Sunday: Easy 8, lift

We will see if all goes to plan...I am really excited to start training for something and having something to look forward to after the holidays are over.  I LOVE this time of year, and always find it sad when we take the tree down and put the decorations away.  Boston training will give me something 'fun' to do.

Being sick stinks...the worst part is not being able to run.  But on the bright side, I had my special friends to take care of me!!!
Making sure everything is under control

1 comment:

  1. Now that you are making me run the team Pittsburgh Marathon, I need you to train me. I love Elin Hilderbrand's books too.

    ReplyDelete