Monday, August 29, 2011

MIA

So I haven't blogged in about a month.
Basically, my time has been consumed with getting ready for my NEW JOB!!!

I have been hired as a KINDERGARTEN teacher at a new charter school in Pittsburgh, Imagine Penn Hills.

Our School's Grand Opening

I know everyone has probably heard from the teachers in their life how much work is involved...but can you imagine doing that AND helping start up a brand new school?  It has been a very fun, but also very busy time.  I felt a little guilty blogging during this time!

I have 20 kindergartners and they are a great bunch.  I have been spending A LOT of time teaching them things that might seem silly - how to line up, how to wait in the hall, how to ask for help, how to gather materials, etc.  Not too exciting yet! 

At my desk - we built all our furniture!
 The days are somewhat longish - I actually woke up around 4:40 to run before work this morning!  I am hoping this is something I can get in the habit of, I actually have more energy at work when I run first.  More time to spend with puppies later!

On another note, last weekend we attended my best friend's sister's wedding.  It was at a CASTLE!  It was so beautiful out and we had a great view.  We had a great time with Caitlin and Peter!!!
yay for fake tan lotion

up close!

castle!


dancing without shoes
As requested, a picture of Bruno.  He is a bone chewing fiend.  He looks like he is smoking a cigar!

Bruno!
Our majestic Corg!

1 comment:

  1. Ok that's amazing that you built that desk...I wish I were talented and were able to craft such great looking furniture!
    Congrats on your new job. That's very admirable that you started a new school, what a bold undertaking! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete