Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cancun!!! What we did every day

When I'm on vacation, I just like to relax and enjoy myself.  I workout daily, but other than that, I take my job relaxing and doing nothing very seriously.  Aside from leaving the resort Thursday all day to go to Xplor (where we spent all day ziplining, driving ATVs, swimming and rafting through caves, AND waiting in humongous lines) and going to the market downtown once, we kept to the resort/pool area all the time.

Click on the picture to read more about the park we went to
6:30-7:00 woke up, not really able to sleep in... tried to bug Jordan into getting up, didn't really work.  Read on our balconey for a little while. I read so many books on this vacation and loved it!

Balcony View

Next, I did my workout for the day.  The first day I ran on the treadmill, and it was SOOO horribly hot, the AC didn't really work.  The one thing I didn't like about the vacation is that running off the resort didn't feel very safe.  If I were a guy, I would go for it but I'm pretty easy to snatch up...so running inside was the only option.  I decided that aqua jogging in the pool was so much more enjoyable and an equaly good workout, so I ran 2 of the days on the treadmill and all the other days in the pool.  I went for an hour each time and Jordan would hop in an talk to me.  The view was spectacular.

Where I aquajogged, each loop of the lower pool was about 10 minutes

the other end, pool bar on the right

I love aqua jogging!!

After that, we hit up the breakfast buffet for my usual egg white omlette, wierd toast, mexican cheese and tomato sandwich, and tons of fruit and coffee.  Tried to have a balanced, healthy breakfast because lunch was not so healthy.

After breakfast Jordan and I would get in the infinity pool and I'd bring my book in and he would bring his Fantasy Football Magazine to read.

My spot is the area with no (visible) wall

Since I am so disciplined, I waited until about 11:00am every day to order margaritas.  They were delicious and a necessity in the hot sun!  Continue reading, swimming, talking with Jordan, Kristen, and Corey in the pool until we had to make the hard decision of when to have LUNCH!

Lunch was my favorite time of day.  So nice to be able to pull yourself out of the water and have a nice lunch by the ocean. I loved loved loved the fresh pico and gaucamole!!!

We usually went to the ocean for a bit after lunch.  I love sticking my feet in the water and watching the ocean and sitting in the sand, but I am not a fan of really swimming in it.  Maybe that is a good thing.  On our last day here, we watched a bunch of people get rescued from the ocean because they were stuck.  The lifegaurds were awesome and so fast to respond.

The rest of the afternoon was spent 'hydrating' swimming in the pool, and dozing off in the shade.  We usually got ready for dinner anytime after 5.

I loved the concept of the tapa bar and we went there a few times before dinner.  I had things like mushrooms, bruchetta, and chicken salad on toasted bread there.  And of course red wine.

We ate dinner every night with Corey and Kristen and it was delicious and fun every night.  Dinner was the highlight of the evening.  We sometimes had drinks afterwards too or hung out outside.  We went to bed by 11 most nights, tired from the sun.  One night, we went to see a Michael Jackson impersonator at the resort - such a good show.  We walked around the 'Mexican Night' and went to downtown Cancun another night.

Some more pictures!!

all of us at the Italian restaurant - Friday: last night all together!

tray of desserts

Saturday night - just us at dinner - Italian again

Jordan

day one: I am tanner than Jordan because the chlorine has not yet eroded my self-tan

first night, after our Mexican dinner


Jordan and Corey frolicking on the way to the market
Hope you liked reading about Mexico!  In case you were sad about the lack of doggie pictures....

3 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures!! sounds like a great vacation - I've never been on a "relaxing" vacation, because ours are always centered around long hikes and other excursions that don't lend itself to lounging by a beach...

    I've never tried aqua jogging -- I think I would hate it!! you're a spaz for not being able to sleep in past 7:00 a.m. I can sleep til 10:00 on a good day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting until 11am for a drink, that'd take some good self-restraint on my part while on vacation!

    I also loove continuing with running when I'm on vacation. Makes me feel much more balanced and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete